Calling all artists and photographers! We want you to design the album art for our Best of September Mixtape. Part of the fun we have when we put these mixtapes together is choosing the ridiculous photos we use for the album art.
This month we figured we’d switch it up and give you, our loyal readers, a chance to show off your artistic skills by submitting your original artwork to be considered for the cover of our latest mixtape. If we get enough of a response we’ll keep this going month after month!
The rules of this contest are fairly simple.
1. By submitting an entry you agree to the standard Too Good For Radio contest rules found here.
2. Artwork can be a photo, digital print, or painting (paintings must be sent digitally)
3. No watermarks.
4. Submissions need to be your own.
5. Explain the back-story behind the artwork. Give us your interpretation of what it means and how you created it.
6. Email submissions to [email protected]
7. Make sure the artwork is at least 500 pixels high by 500 pixels wide. All artwork will be scaled and cropped to this size for the actual album cover.
8. You must title your submission email in the following format. Fill in your full name where specified.
Email Format: Album Art Submission – Your name here
9. As part of your submission please include your full name, a short bio, a link to your online portfolio (optional), and a headshot (also optional). If you win we’ll display these to the public.
10. If the image contains any material or elements that are not owned by you and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties, and/or if any persons appear in the image, you are responsible for obtaining, prior to submission of the photograph, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the exhibition and use of the image in the manner set forth in these rules without additional compensation. If any person appearing in any image is under the age of majority in their state/province/territory of residence the signature of a parent or legal guardian is required on each release.
11. One submission per person.
12. Contest end date is 12AM EST October 1st.
1. The winner of this contest will be featured in our Best of September Mixtape release post. Free publicity for your art!
2. Your album art and a link to your online portfolio (or social media site or whatever you want) will be featured in our sidebar for at least 30 days
3. We will embed your name and a link to your online portfolio within the meta data for each track on our Best of September Mixtape.
Well…thats all there is to it. If you need inspiration or want to know the kinds of ridiculousness we look for, head over to our Mixtape and ReMixtape archives.
One Final Thought:
“We don’t make mistakes, we just have happy accidents”